41. Feeding the fish

Do you remember the big hit movie Jaws, you know the movie about that big fish having a taste for human flesh? And would you since then ever consider to go near these animals, be in the same water they are swimming in and looking for a nice piece of meat to chew on? Well, I do! You must be thinking now that I have gone totally mad but meeting the big white is not as scary as you think. I am up for a ‘up close and personal trip’ with big Nemo and do some white shark cage diving.

IMG_7391

In the cage

As we get on the boat and start the engines I am confident the sea sickness pill will get me through the morning. And so it does… for about the first 15 minutes. LOL While we sail out I feel fine and feel pity for the two girls who already look very pale. But from the moment we stop and the anker is thrown out I turn as green as the grass that looks better on the other side. I don’t know if you ever been sea sick but I’ve been, several times even but NEVER EVER have I been so sick as on this trip! I have the feeling I have spend more time hanging half overboard than on board. LOL

IMG_7384

Nemo

But I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t go in the cage, sick or not sick. While I am climbing in the cage I am sure I’ll be better once in the water, like I always am whenever I go diving. You know, from the moment you are under water, you feel fine. But that is the catch 22 my friends, you feel better when you are under water…. and the cage does not go fully under sea level. So, as the cage rocks along with the boat I just rock along feeling not better at all. When I climb back on board the first thing I do is take my mask of, walk three metres to the other side and feed the fish again! LOL (just so you know, the sharks are not fed by these cage diving companies)

IMG_7388

After the cage dive and just after feeding the fish LOL

Anyway, we’ve seen several great whites, swimming not even a metre from the cage. It was an experience I am glad I had but I’m sure it was more thrilling for the people that weren’t sick. As excited I was getting on the boat, the happier I felt getting of it. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment