59. Waka, waka, goodbye Africa!

IMG_8245_thumb

We have done it my friends! We have cruised all the way to South Africa. This truly has been an EPIC journey, the most amazing thing we have ever done! We have travelled through 22 countries and driven over 35.000 km! We have seen world wonders and we have seen little undiscovered gems. The entire journey has been a highlight. Of course we had less good days, but really, this has been so amazing that even the harder days were good days. And traveling with your car really gives you the feeling of ultimate freedom. I always felt free while being on the road but having your own car makes the adventure so much better: sleeping in the middle of nowhere, leaving whenever you want and most of all going wherever you want to go.

Yes, this has been such a great trip, so many highlights to look back onto: watching animals in the wild, showering in the desert, seeing the footprints of hyenas near the car after a night of sleep, monkeys stealing our food, climbing up mountains, giant spiders in the tent and yes, even digging out two trucks. It has all been fantastic!

Unfortunately all trips eventually bring you back home. But home is also where my friends are. Friends I have had to miss but friends who I know are there every time I set foot on Belgian ground again. Thanks to all of you who never give me the feeling we have to ‘work’ on our friendship, we just pick-up where we left, nothing has changed. And a big, no huuuuuuge, thank you to Martine and her husband Bart who have surprised us several times with the best gift one can receive on a trip like this: diesel! Thank you so much guys! And oh yes, keep the lobsters coming! LOL

Also a special thx to my closest friends…
Layla, frientin, thank you for keeping so much in touch, for sending pictures and including me in your life as if I’m still in Belgium. You are such a great friend!

Anneke, frangipanneke, love you so much my crazy sista!

Florence, you always have the best intentions for everybody. Thank you for being a true friend. xxx

Bart, you are such a fantastic guy! Thank you for taking me out to dinner. LOL Luv you!

Maja, sometimes a friends does something totally unexpected, something that makes you realize that you can always, always count on them. You are that friend! Thank you for everything you do for me without even realizing it. You mean the world to me! xxx

Sonnie, my soulmate! Ten years have gone by since we met. Thank you for our fantastic friendship, for all the good times we had and for all that lays in front of us. You truly make my world a better place! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And last but far from least, Kosta, my fantastic four all-in-one. Travelling through Africa together has been the most amazing thing I have ever done!!! You have made this trip into what it turned out to be: a fantastic journey with hundreds of highlights! We just had so much fun, so many good times and we stood beside each other when times were rough. Thank you for this epic adventure!! And thank you for letting me be who I am and loving me for it, I am sure that is not always easy. LOL And remember that as we go home, we are going to embark in what might turn out to be the biggest adventure in our lives: living together. LOL XXX

So this really is it. We are off to the airport now. Thank you for travelling with us. Here some last pix, an overview of our adventure….
IMG_4447_thumb1
IMG_4535_thumb1
IMG_4675_thumb1
DSC01193_thumb1
IMG_6053_thumb1
IMG_6704_thumb1
IMG_7063_thumb1
IMG_7196_thumb1
IMG_8626
IMG_8711_thumb1

2 comments:

  1. We enjoyed reading your traveling pants...euhm no...traveling plans. But i will be happy we can meet again...meet your friends who have no traveling plans LOL! Have a safe trip home U2!
    Layla, Jimmy, Viktor and ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm almost crying in public here, the end of so many fantastic stories! The only thing that can comfort me is , no... not shoes :-), but the fact that I will see you again in a couple of hours :-) and then we will have some more fantastic stories in Belgium :-)

    Love you, Sonnie

    Ps and Kosta is beautiful ;-)

    ReplyDelete