1. Waka waka, the team going to Africa

People, it's almost time, we are ready for a trip to South Africa. And I can almost see a couple of eyebrows raise as I write this. “What's up with the English?!” Yes, my friends, this time the blog will be slightly different. I´m leaving my mother tongue for what it is and will write in the language Kosta and I have in common. Yes, Kosta. Some of you might think this name rings a bell. Well, if you took a peak at the blog last time, Kosta first appeared ´on stage´ in China, and has been part of the third big trip for about 5 months in total. We have ´survived´ the last trip travelling, so we decided to go to Africa together. No more public transportation however, from this day on it is Kosta, me and The Cruiser. So for his friends who have never heard of me but to whom Kosta gave the url of the blog (just so it is easier for him not to have to write emails about what he´s doing and where he is ;)) I am Katrijn.

I would like to present the wheels on the wagon: The Cruiser! This is a 20 year old Toyota Landcruiser which we count on to drive us about 25.000 km around Europe, the Middle East and Africa. I will give a bit more details, even if it is just to set some minds at ease ;).

This is the ´media department´. As you see, Hans, we can sing along to tunes coming from the radio or via the iPod we can have Britney screaming through the speakers. The USB port makes it possible to charge at the same time. Oh yes, we are going to sing at the top of our lungs! And even better, the driver gets to choose the music. Kosta won´t be able to disagree when I have Christina blasting through the speakers while cruisin´ along. Life is good!

This is the button for the airconditioning… or so it was. Tıentje, we are still crazy, and we will be sweating and trust me, I will be thinking of you telling me Kosta and I are nuts! LOL

We have spare parts on the roof: 4 extra wheels and 3 jerry cans to put fuel in. In the storage room in the car we also have some tools so Kosta can do some repairing while I work on my tan. ;) Storage room in the car is all build by my personal handy man and MacGyver.We also have a fridge that we can connect so it cools whatever goods we have inside. Unfortunately no freezer for ice creams.

Our travel shower, given by my great friend Maja who I am sure is glad to know now we will be clean :). As you see MacGyver has also made a little storage bottle for all the stuff one needs ın the shower.

Finally, the master bedroom. We have a mattress of 1m20, the curtains are drawn for a good night sleep. Only in the front we don´t have curtains but we put the thing for the sun up, whatever the name is in English. Our little pump to pump up the mattress can be connected to two electricity points in the back, all customized by MacGyver. ;)

So, this is us: Kosta, The Cruiser and myself, on our way to adventure! :)

2 comments:

  1. c'est parti!! thanx 4 sharing again kat! have fun! ps: toch handig he zo'n vent hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kheb men wagen vol geladen... :o) Veel plezier x

    ReplyDelete